Friday, February 4, 2011

OMGTISB

You know what the title means? Oh My God This Is So Boring. That was the thought running through my head for the first half of my math class today. The only thing that kept me awake was the fact that my math teacher would get pissed at me if I fell asleep at my desk. I was on the verge of facing the consequence when the fire bell sounded and I was rushed outside. It was only a drill but it shaved a good ten minutes off the class. When we went back inside we started learning "PEMDAS". "PEMDAS" is a way to do an problem. unnecessary"PEMDAS" stands for Parentheses Exponents Multiplication Division Addition Subtraction. The idea is that you look at the problem and work out each of these operations in the problem. One at a time. All in a row. Three times in a row. So instead of learning to work out the problem the simple and efficiently we are supposed to learn how to learn to do the problem the hard and completely way. I mean its not even like this method makes math any easier. Maybe to some people it makes sense to do math this way, but I prefer to do it simple and efficient so I can move on with my life.
Later
A German

No comments:

Post a Comment